Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shrimp Lo Mein

We used one of my Default Dinners tonight and had a really yummy and simple gluten-free and dairy-free Fried Rice or Noodle Night.

This week for noodles I used Rice Sticks that I had bought at Trader Joes for 99 cents. I cannot believe that price! It was a pretty large package. I cooked the whole thing and I still have plenty left over for lunch tomorrow. I just add whatever vegetables I have on hand which this week was - onion, mushroom, shredded cabbage, and carrot. Lots of times I make it vegetarian but this week we had shrimp which made it extra tasty.

Added 11/21/07: I left a few things off my list by mistake, and I realized when enjoying my yummy leftovers for lunch. I also added frozen peas and corn and of course wheat-free tamari. I also add a little chili-garlic sauce for spice, and it occurs to me I should double-check it is GF, although I don't see anything suspicious on the label.

No comments: