Friday, November 9, 2007

Gluten-Free Condiments

Whew! It is taking me forever to figure out if I can make my standard baked beans recipe or not. I have to record all this data here because I am getting really confused with all this new information.

Details below, but it looks like I can't since Heinz is not willing to say their chili sauce is GF. I'll have to track down my mom's old recipe and see what it has in it.

from http://heinz.com/Consumer_faq.aspx#Gluten-Free%20Products
Where can I find gluten-free products? Heinz Ketchup and Heinz Organic Ketchup do not contain any gluten (the distilled vinegar used is from corn sources). Also, Wine Vinegar, Distilled White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar are gluten-free. Heinz Hot & Spicy Ketchup Kick'rs is gluten-free as well.
As for our other Heinz products, we are not able to guarantee that all ingredients would be gluten-free, since the source of an ingredient may change from time to time. We understand how difficult it can be finding foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet, and we continue to look for ways to meet the dietary needs of our consumers.

from http://www.leaperrins.com/contacts.php#qe
Is Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce gluten free? Lea & Perrins Worcestershire is suitable for a coeliac diet, for further information on Nutritional and Allergy queries please contact us.

from http://www.unilever800.com/hellmanns_faq/bestfoods_faq/answer.asp?ID=11&Counter=1&When=11/10/2007
Are Best Foods mayonnaise products gluten free?At this time, All Best Foods mayonnaise products are gluten-free (Real, Canola, Light and Reduced Fat). Since product formulations change from time to time, the best advice we can give you is to check the ingredient list on the label. Ingredients that may contain any of the top eight allergens as defined by the FDA, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, seafood, wheat, eggs, and milk or dairy, as well as any ingredient that may contain gluten, are always listed on the label.

No, I don't put mayo in my baked beans, but while I was investigating condiments...

No comments: