Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pasta with Clams

When we are not eating turkey, we are mainly having good-old Default Dinners.
Another one is pasta, which initially I thought would be difficult when going GF but actually isn't. There are lots of options in GF pasta, including the cheapest I have seen so far at Trader Joe's. So for our default pasta meal I make some pasta and then do one of the following:
  • add Spaghetti Sauce
  • add veggies and italian seasonings (and parmesan for those eating dairy)
  • add clams and garlic (and parmesan for those eating dairy)
This week we had the Pasta with Clams. I have been making this incredibly simple recipe for years - it came out of one of those 5-ingredient cookbooks. I have not seen any Angel Hair rice pasta yet, and that is what I typically used for this recipe. I think I have made it twice now, once with penne and once with spaghetti. Turned out nice! The whole family seems fine with the GF pasta which is great!

No comments: