Saturday, May 24, 2008

Here's what I have been having for Breakfast

1.
Peach-Strawberrry "Smoothie" with Rice Milk
Trader Joes Gluten Free Cranberry Maple Nut Granola

*Note - I still have some Lifestream Waffles in my freezer from last time I went GF but I realized this morning that they contain soy (the item I am adding to my restrictions this time). Luckily I found a bit of granola to eat.

2.
Bobs Mighty Good Breakfast Cereal
Eggs over easy
Lots of salt and pepper

*I served these together in a bowl and tried to use the egg yolk to mask the fact there was no butter!

3. Kinnikinnick Waffles

* I had these for the first time this week. I was not very excited. I hate to say it but I think I may like them better when gluten is a more distant memory. Anyway, I will finish off this box so maybe I will grow to like them. I did think they were better than the other gluten-free waffles I have tried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was googling gluten free and found your blog. I don't know where you are, but my friend who can't have gluten, soy, or yeast buys her breakfast muffins from this site: www.againstthegrainfood.com

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried quinoa flakes for breakfast? They cook really quickly (like instant oatmeal), and I think they're quite tasty. I season with cinnamon and stevia. Also, the complete protein and healthy dose of fiber are attractive.

I also once found a quinoa porridge recipe that I loved, but the blog is gone now. :-( I need to try to recreate it. It was dairy free but still extremely creamy.