Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ragu Pasta Sauce

I have a bunch of jars of Ragu pasta sauce that I got at some point on a really good sale. Of course, they put SOYBEAN OIL in there. It is just becoming more and more clear that I need to make everything at home with multiple allergies to worry about. Fortunately, I had some homemade tomato sauce in my freezer I could pull out and use instead.

It is really better this way anyway, because when you cook at home:
  • your food contains less ingredients (you don't throw random things like soy lecithin or preservatives in your food)
  • you know what is in your food (you know the ingredients AND you actually know what it is - not some words you have never heard before)
  • you can control exactly what is in your food
  • you can make it the way you like it

That said, you will still see me buying some specialty allergen-free convenience food. I am still totally new to this restricted diet so I have a lot to learn about how to make some foods, especially baked items.

1 comment:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Although we're not avoiding as much as you are, I completely agree on the random things that are thrown in... WHY? Seriously - like why put dairy in toddler toothpaste or shampoo? Why?

I know I only check in from time to time, but I'm glad you keep up this blog... you've got good info! :)