Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hot Chocolate - Take Two

I got really excited when I read Cathy's hot chocolate post at Chief Family Officer. Her point was that she doesn't have dry milk powder but she always has milk on hand, so why not make a mix with the other ingredients and mix it into milk instead of water. Brilliant!

And it solves my problem of trying to find dairy-free, gluten-free dry milk substitute. I am looking forward to trying this. Here is the recipe from her site, edited slightly by me.

Homemade Hot Chocolate
1 3/4 cups sugar

1 1/8 cups cocoa

1/2 tablespoon table salt

Rice milk for serving


1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt, and whisk to combine well. Store the mixture in an airtight container.
2. For individual servings, pour 1 cup milk into a microwave-safe mug, and microwave on high just until hot. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix, and stir to dissolve.

No comments: